Locations: Fort St James, Fort St John, Prince George
- Join us in protecting natural, environmental, and cultural resources
- Get rewarded with competitive wages plus full benefits
- Travel to beautiful landscapes and potentially work on projects all over Western Canada
Ecofor Consulting Ltd. is a natural and cultural resource management company, with offices in British Columbia, the Yukon, Alberta, and Nova Scotia. Founded in 1996, Ecofor has steadily grown to meet the demands of our clients who include private contractors, developers, landowners, government agencies, First Nations, and Indigenous organizations.
Our team provides expertise in a broad range of disciplines in the biological, environmental, and social sciences. We specialize in fisheries, wildlife, aquatic and terrestrial resources, environmental management, archaeology and cultural resources, land use planning, ground penetrating radar, and forestry.
About the Opportunity
Ecofor is currently seeking Full Time Environmental Monitors to join our team in Fort St James, Fort St John, and Prince George, BC.
Your responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Working with client Environmental Inspectors/ Coordinators and construction teams to support construction in compliance with environmental best practices, commitments, permits, laws, and regulations, and developing recommendations to resolve non-conformances
- Monitoring compliance with regulations, approvals, and project commitments, including water quality, sediment and erosion control, equipment condition, and other general day to day environmental monitoring activities
- Documenting and supporting contractor response to environmental incidents
- Preparing client deliverables, including daily, weekly, and final Environmental Monitoring Reports, as required by clients or regulatory and permit conditions
- Occasional support at a higher level such as providing environmental recommendations or mitigations, or supporting QEP task such as bird, den, or amphibian sweeps or fish salvages
- Promoting a strong safety culture and working collaboratively within Ecofor’s corporate culture
More About You
To qualify, you will need the following:
- Bachelor of Science Degree or Technical Diploma in biology, forestry, agriculture, or environmental studies
- Accreditation (or eligibility) with the Association of BC Professional Foresters (RPF), BC College of Applied Biology (RPBio), Alberta Association of Professional Biologists (PBiol), Alberta or British Columbia Institute of Agrologists (PAg), or the Applied Science Technologists and Technicians of BC (ASTTBC) is considered an asset
Candidates with the following skills and experience will be considered:
- 1-3 years of relevant experience as an environmental monitor on major construction projects (e.g., pipelines and other oil and gas projects, transportation infrastructure, mining, watercourse crossing, etc.)
- Knowledge of and experience with Federal, Provincial, and Regional environmental best practices, laws, and regulations
- Experience with the development and implementation of best management practices relating to Erosion and Sediment Control, watercourse crossings and water quality, and mitigation measures for amphibians, birds, and other wildlife
- Experience with spill response and associated reporting
- Ability to identify and manage issues within a construction environment
- Ability to effectively communicate with agencies, clients, contractors, and co-workers
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and time management skills
- Physical fitness and ability to travel and work in remote settings under adverse conditions
- Proficiency in the operation of field equipment is an asset
Due to the nature of the role, you must have a valid Driver’s License.
Lastly, you will be joining us with the passion to contribute and believe in the work that we do.
What We Offer
In return for your hard work and dedication, you will be awarded with:
- Competitive wages
- Extended health, dental, vision, and prescription coverage
- Life, dependent, and disability insurance
- An opportunity to travel and work in stunning outdoor sites
- Hands on experience in a growing industry
- And much more!
Ecofor is a safety-first company. We are committed to creating and maintaining a safe work environment, no matter where we are. We believe that productivity without safety is unacceptable.
If our values resonate with you — apply today!
Job ID Numbers:
- 2022-036 Fort St James, BC
- 2022-037 Fort St John, BC
- 2022-038 Prince George, BC
Ecofor: Why We’re Here
It is such an honor to be able to visually narrate Ecofor Consulting’s beautifully inspiring and motivating stories, as well as a unique adventurous experience that was unforgettable! Take a look at this amazing episode where the owner of Ecofor, Kevin Wilson, takes us on outdoor exploration and tells us what he had to do to achieve their goal of success: https://youtu.be/v4k0Dsnws-8
Please apply below, or send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by August 19, 2022. Please include the Job ID number(s) you are applying for in your cover letter/ resume. We wish to thank everyone for their interest in Ecofor; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.